Sad Memories

first of all, belated wishes to all my colleagues- happy doctor`s day!

i remembered something yesterday when i was looking at an aquarium....
i was in the 6th standard and very much wanted to have some pet(a dog was my demand) at home, my parents always used to object. on my birthday that year, my maternal uncle, knowing how badly i wanted to keep a pet at home, decided to `present` me with some aquarium fish. the problem was there was no aquarium at home!
so i decided to use a large bottle as a temporary haven for these exotic looking fish. a fish bowl was ordered from a nearby pets and aquarium store!
to my dismay, the fish started dying one by one, one every day. this happened on 3 successive days and there were only 2 left.
i was heartbroken! i could not decipher the reason for the mysterious deaths of my for-some-time-beloved companions! i felt like crying! it was definitely not lack of food, i think i used to feed them excessively(could that be the reason?). it might have been too cold water-no heaters, too less oxygenation-no bubble producing system in that bottle, wrong pH of the water- i doubt this!
anyway , i could not bear to watch them die like this and i decided to part company with them.
i had to leave these 2 fish in a well in our place of stay(yes, there were proper wells then in old houses), the well had other members of the same sub-phylum.
hope the fish had better lives in the well atleast, hope they were not killed off by their bigger brethren in the well....
sorry if the post was too boring, i just had to write about this!

and i still want to have a dog at home!

Comments

broca's area said…
oh!..i remember u buying fish bowl then in a near by shop[8th cross?]...
i also want a pet...a dog...both my fav street dogs died!!...so sad:(...really miss them!!!!
Mithrandir said…
yes, i felt sad too when you told me both those dogs died!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Again

Married man!

12 years of blogging!